
I betcha didn't know that the look and feel of parent/teacher conferences have dramatically changed in the past five years or so. Many districts are making the switch so that one conference time a year is conducted as student-led...And Dillingham is no exception. My students tonight are bringing in their parents and siblings to show them selected artifacts from the beginning of the year up until things that we did just last week. They have them all organized in a portfolio and divided into subjects. It's quite the feat for a second grader to look at a piece of work and determine whether or not it's writing, reading, or math when in reality it's all three. Anyway, we work on what the bulk of the piece is and file it accordingly. What was so impressive this week was that I had my students write reflections about what they've learned so far this year and what they want to become better at. It was super cool. I'm excited to see how well they convey the objectives in the work that they've chosen to their parents. Anyway...here we go!
1 comment:
Cute glasses hot stuff!
Post a Comment