Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The countdown to Cabo begins!


10 days until the sun is kissing our necks and the sand is between our toes. It hasn't really been winter here yet in Alaska, but our house has plagued us with a few troubles that I can say we need a break from reality. Last night we discovered a leaky pipe when I was resetting the furnace. Yes, our furnace needs a little TLC as well as this new discovery of a leaky pipe. I yelled to Dylan from the crawl space to come take a look while he was quickly getting his things together to leave for the state tournament. We called our neighbor, the well-known handy man and in a matter of minutes both he and Dylan were in crawl space checking things out. A few minutes later I heard water. The pipe broke and sprayed water around our crawl space. It wasn't that much and we were able to sop it up with towels and the rest evaporated. However, I had to drive to the neighbors to shower this morning and I'm hoping our neighbor will be able to fix it today while I'm at school. Ah, homeownership.

P.S. This picture was taken last year.

No comments: