Sunday, February 22, 2009

28 Weeks & Moving


This week D and I went to our monthly appointment at the hospital. I had my glucose checked for gestational diabetes and a shot of Rhogam. The first thing I did was drink this sugary orange drink that many a pregnant women had warned me about. I really don't see what the fuss was all about. It just tasted like flat pop. Then we met with the ob and listened to the little guy and measured my belly. I'm measuring exactly to the week. Then a nurse with not quite the best bedside manner came to give me a shot of Rhogam. My blood type is B- and it's possible that the baby is positive. The injection is used to protect a positive baby from antibodies by its Rh-negative mother. Anyway, the nurse fumbled with some booklet from the shot package, asked my blood type, and then asked me where I wanted me shot. I responded with what are my options. She said I could have it in the shoulder, hip, or thigh. I thought the shoulder would be the most easily accessible. I lifted up my shirt and she gave me the shot. About 2 seconds after the shot was completed she said the next time I get this shot I should do it in my hip. She proceeded to tell me that I was going to be really sore. So I looked at D like what the heck woman why didn't you just tell me this??? I guess I'm super tough because my arm hasn't been sore at all. I also found out I don't have gestational diabetes.

This was a huge week for us. We accepted an offer on our house. We also put a single spaced 2 page list together of items that we're selling. We sent it out Monday and our house was a zoo all week. Our phone rang non stop and we pretty much have sold all the items on the list. This weekend we sorted stuff and are in the process of getting our first moving sale going for next Sunday. This is the table of things we found this weekend and we have 4 more totes stored in the sauna that are set for the sale.

Poor, displaced Tua has been a wreck all week. He definitely knows something is going on with all the totes and people. We also sold his dog beds this week so he's been a bit lost as to where his spot is. He has been a couch dog for quite a while, but now that's pretty much his only comfy option. I wish there were a way we could reassure him that he's going with us.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That belly's getting big! What a cute momma-to-be! Congrats on the home sale :)

Anonymous said...

this IS a big week! I'm glad your house is sold, what a huge thing to put behind you so you can move forward....in like a month! whoa. And so glad you don't have diabetes:) Sending good energy your way!

Anonymous said...

selling your dogs bed, that is just a low blow. Did you sell your bed, I didn't think so, what's up with the discrimination?

get rhythm said...

We actually did sell our bed. We were a bit smarter by this point and we said that she couldn't have it until April 10th.

Anonymous said...

so when you go back to alaska have you decided which town yet?