Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pre and Post Op Kid

We arrived at the hospital at 7 am and shortly after J was all suited up for his surgery. They gave him a sedative that made him super loopy. Then he was taken with his mommy to the operating room. I held it together until after they had done the anesthesia. I wasn't sure if I would be helpful at all coming in, but they kind of persuaded me to do so. D couldn't be there most of the morning because he had a training for summer school. Probably the toughest part was when he returned right after surgery. The anesthesia was wearing off and he was in a very confused state. After about 20 minutes (or an eternity in my mind) he started acting more like our little boy. The doc said that the surgery went well. They took out his tonsils and adenoids. He said his adenoids were covering 70% of his nasal passages.  His tonsils were huge!  You'll see their measurements in the pic below.  He's home recovering nicely already. 


Pre-op
The first half hour home or so...
Enjoying yogurt, of course!
J's tonsils

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Yikes! Those tonsils are HUGE! I hope the little man is doing well. I hope you are too!