Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tonsils Out

In a week J is going in for surgery to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out and his left tube put back into his ear.  Poor guy!  From what I've read it sounds like the recovery time is a lot quicker when you're this young.  It's a day procedure, so we'll be back home that night.  Any suggestions for special treats for the little guy while he's recovering?  I'm also looking for quiet activities that he can do while he's supposed to be resting.

J is holding the glove/water balloon the nurse gave him to play with while she drew blood.  He also is sporting a super cool band aid and a fist full of good patient stickers. 


1 comment:

Yakwoman said...

Refrigerated canned pears were my favorite after I had my tonsils out (at age 17, when recovery is not quite as easy). Anything cold and slippery was the easiest to eat - things like jello or popsicles (Mom made them out of fruit juice). And then there is always yogurt, if you think you can talk him into eating that!
Good luck, J!